Thursday, July 2, 2009

See Ya Later....

For my nephew's first birthday, my sister and I took on a vaguely absurd project-- making an alligator out of cupcakes! I won't lie; this one was probably our biggest flop-- but I figured I'd post it for comic relief!
His "skin" was supposed to be a much brighter green, and have scales. We figured that was a bit overzealous for a one-year-old (who ended up sleeping through cupcake time anyways!) so we just spread it, leaving our alligator looking somewhat amphibious. His eyes are smarties stuck to the end of two halal marshmallows and his teeth (yes, those white things around his snout are teeth) are little chunks of said marshmallows. I haven't been close enough to any real alligators to know what the black things on his back (Oreo snack things, the 100 calorie bag... don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about) are supposed to represent. I also didn't know they had yellow fingernails.

Take a look:


It's too funny for words.

I tired really hard to take a photo of him looking as menacing as possible. Note the green nostrils.




This is Noah, ready to dig in... Not sure where to start!


Note: I'm working on making vegan marshmallows! As soon as I am successful, the whole world will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment